LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – The Little Rock Police Department announced Tuesday that it is giving away free gun locks.
Officer Eric Barnes says the department has an additional 80 gun locks available for pick up immediately.
Gun locks are available at the Little Rock Police Department Headquarters building at 700 West Markham. Gun locks are also available at the police substation buildings.
“We encourage people to go by and pick them up. We want people to be safe,” says Barnes.
Barnes says no questions will be asked if you request a gun lock.
“Accidents do happen, but we try and put another safety step in place to prevent it,” says Barnes.
- Montaric Brown Feels Hogs Will be Prepared for Mississippi State on Saturday Night
- WATCH: Governor Hutchinson to release Computer Science and Cybersecurity Task Force Report
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas
- Arkansan scheduled to die November 19 for 1994 kidnapping and murder
- CenterPoint Energy’s Arkansas natural gas customers to benefit from lower rates beginning Oct. 1