EL DORADO, AR (KTVE) – One person is dead after a fire early this morning at a local business.
El Dorado fire officials say they received a call at 2:30 saying there was a fire at Pro Glass & Tint on West 5th Street.
Fire officials say when they arrived, they saw heavy, dense smoke coming from the building, but no visible flames.
Authorities say Travis Izatt, 43, was unable to escape the building when the fire started and died along with his two pets.
Izatt’s body has been taken to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for autopsy.
“We’re leaning towards it was just an overloaded circuit. There was a lot of extension cords and some heaters in that facility that were on and active. To really tell the actual sequence of events that caused the fire is hard to determine,” says Chad Mosby, El Dorado Fire Chief.
The El Dorado Police Department tells us they are working with the fire department on this case.
Police officials say the autopsy will determine if foul play was involved.