COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina mother who skipped the trial where she was convicted of homicide by child abuse for throwing two of her newborns in trash bags will spend 40 years in prison.
Alyssa Dayvault’s sentence was handed down Thursday. She turned herself in the day after her trial ended.
The 32-year-old mother hid her pregnancies in 2017 and 2018 from everyone, including her boyfriend and her mother.
She gave birth at her North Myrtle Beach home alone then moments later, put the newborns into trash bags and threw them away.
Dayvault cried and apologized to her family, saying she never meant to harm anyone and that she made a horrible mistake.
- Fountain Lake pre-k introducing new virtual learning program
- LRAFB chapel uses coffee truck to connect with airmen
- Sherwood family thanks state trooper for saving daughter on interstate
- Arkansas caterer puts kitchen on wheels after large events were canceled due to COVID-19
- Wednesday Evening Weather Update