NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Postal inspectors and law enforcement agencies are investigating reports of vandalism and burglary at six post offices in Middle Tennessee.
The locations include two in Nashville and one each in LaVergne, Madison, Hermitage and Mt. Juliet.
The burglaries occurred after normal business hours from about 5:30 p.m. Sunday to about 6 a.m. Monday, the day before Election Day. Investigators are working to determine if anything was taken.
The postal inspector said burglary of a post office is “a serious federal felony, punishable by up to five years in prison AND a $250,000 fine.”
- Updated Look at All Nine Arkansas Offers in Class of 2022 Inside State
- Biden reversing Trump ban on transgender people in military
- Newsfeed Now: House to deliver articles of impeachment to Senate, Bucs make Super Bowl history
- Workplace Wellness: Workout Buddy
- California governor expected to lift stay-at-home order Monday