CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — Beatles fans around the world are expected to pay tribute to John Lennon on the 40th anniversary of his death Tuesday.
The rock star and former Beatle was shot to death outside his New York City apartment building by an apparently deranged fan on Dec. 8, 1980.
Lennon was a founding member of The Beatles and went on to have solo success with hits like “Imagine” and “(Just Like) Starting Over”.
The man who killed Lennon, Mark David Chapman, is still behind bars. He lost his 11th bid for parole earlier this year.
- What’s coming up on ‘The Donlon Report’
- Arkansas Switches Up Rotation For Murray State
- Boyhood home of Malcolm X gets historic designation in Boston
- Baptist Health in Little Rock accepting COVID-19 vaccine appointments for those 65 and older
- Richard Barnett remains jailed — ‘I’ve been here a long time. It’s not fair’