ACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Governor Tate Reeves will hold a ceremony on Tuesday, June 30, to sign House Bill 1796, which removes the current Mississippi state flag. The bill will also create a commission to design a new one that will be voted on in November.
The governor will be joined by legislative officials and leaders within the African American community.
The ceremony starts at 5:00 p.m.
- Pulaski County Election Commission meets to discuss voter complaints
- Moody leads Arkansas with 24 points as Hogs move to 3-0 with 70-62 win over UT-Arlington
- Arkansas man finalist in search for most talented beard
- NLRPD Sergeant dies due to complications of COVID-19
- Little Rock police recapture inmate after he escapes officer’s custody