SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Airports across the country are experiencing major delays Friday due to an nationwide issue with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection computer system.
Travelers at San Francisco International Airport sent KRON4 photos of extremely long lines in the Customs and Border Protection area.
SFO explained that there is a nationwide computer system issue with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
All of the systems are reportedly offline, causing a huge disruption with travel.
Currently, everything is being done by hand at SFO.
Hundreds of people — from infants to the elderly — have been waiting in line for much longer than usual.
No further details have been reported.
Check back for updates.
- UA recruiting notebook: Virtual meeting with Top 60 California hooper, portal news, 2022 updates
- Little Rock City Board meeting, plans to tackle the 2021 budget
- Conway woman injured in early morning shooting
- Tuesday Evening Weather Update
- More than 700 Angels waiting to be adopted as part of Salvation Army’s Angel Tree Program