SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (WTEN) — If you’re strolling around Saratoga Springs, New York, don’t be surprised if you see police horses sporting some protective gear.
Out of an abundance of caution, horses in the Mounted Patrol Unit have been outfitted with face shields.
According to a Facebook post by Saratoga Springs Public Safety, the horses are instrumental in crowd control – meaning they have a lot of contact with the public.
Recent protests turning aggressive have also become a safety issue, which raised the need for the masks, according to the department.
- Olympic trap shooter Kayle Browning returns to Arkansas
- Wieber weighs in on Olympic Gymnastics, Simone Biles and possibly facing Suni Lee.
- Four officers who defended U.S. Capitol during Jan. 6 attack have died by suicide
- Arkansas leaders met with healthcare officials to discuss COVID-19 pandemic
- Fearless 40: Greenbrier Panthers