Registration for Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Open June 19

News
Race for the Cure 2009_-7183011287330831788
LITTLE ROCK, AR (News release) – The Arkansas Affiliate of Susan G. Komen will open online registration for the 22nd Annual Race for the Cure on Friday, June 19. The Arkansas Race for the Cure will be held on October 10, 2015 in downtown Little Rock. The theme for the 2015 Arkansas Race for the Cure is “Every Step Counts. #neverstop”.

You will be able to registration starting at 6 a.m. at Komenarkansas.org. More than 30,000 people are expected to participate in the 2015 Arkansas Race for the Cure.

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series is the largest series of 5k run/fitness walks in the world. The Race raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.

Through events like the Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure, the Arkansas Affiliate has invested over $15 million in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in 63 counties across the state.

Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Arkansas Affiliate stay in the 63-county service area to fund education, screening and treatment grants. The remaining 25% goes to national headquarters directly for research grants related to the treatment and cure of breast cancer; and, not one cent goes to overhead.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories