COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ark. (KTAL/KSHV) — A man was killed following a rollover crash Monday morning in southwest Arkansas.
The accident happened shortly after 4:30 a.m. on County Rd. 12 in McNeil.
According to Arkansas State Police, 27-year-old Charles J. Smelser, of Waldo, was traveling southbound when his 2012 Toyota left the road, overturned and hit a tree.
ASP said Smelser died on the scene.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- Some Pine Bluff businesses and homes still without water
- Minister Robert Upshaw helping change lives beyond sports for local athletes
- COVID-19 bill can’t include $15 minimum wage hike, Senate referee says
- Former Razorback, Jake Bequette, Helping Arkansas Small Businesses Through Pandemic Struggle