Video Courtesy: Elizabeth Ann Williams
JOHNSON COUNTY (River Valley Now)- A part of Interstate 40 is closed at the 74-mile marker, which is near Knoxville, Arkansas, Wednesday morning after an accident and vehicle fire.
The accident happened near the 71-mile marker, which is also near Knoxville, just before 4:30 a.m. Wednesday.
According to our content partner River Valley Now, the accident involved multiple vehicles and at least three tractor-trailers. One of the tractor-trailers was hauling a flammable substance, according to River Valley Now.
According to River Valley Now, there was also a rollover accident involving a tractor-trailer just before 2 a.m.
At this time, the conditions of the drivers and the estimated time the area will be reopened to traffic are not known.
To read the full story from River Valley Now and see a photo gallery of the accident, click here.
- WATCH: Governor Hutchinson to release Computer Science and Cybersecurity Task Force Report
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas
- Arkansan scheduled to die November 19 for 1994 kidnapping and murder
- CenterPoint Energy’s Arkansas natural gas customers to benefit from lower rates beginning Oct. 1
- Titans home game against Steelers to be rescheduled for later in the season