Everyone’s metabolism is different.
· Metabolism is the rate at which your body burns calories or fat.
· Our age, weight and genetics affect the rate of our metabolism.
· It’s important to jump start your metabolism in the morning. (Within an hour of waking.)
· If you skip breakfast or eat later in the morning, your metabolism slows down.
· When you don’t eat – your brain sends a message to your body to conserve energy by holding onto the stored fat you’re trying to get rid of.
· Coffee does not count as breakfast.
· You need a high-protein breakfast of around 350 calories or so.
· A healthy weight is better-achieved when your metabolism is constantly burning calories or fat, so try to eat every couple of hours to keep blood sugar levels consistent so your body burns calories rather than muscle.