SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- College Station neighbors worry what July 4th could bring after firework war last year
- Inmate’s attorneys seek execution delay due to pandemic
- Little Rock Zoo closed until further notice after worker tests positive for COVID-19
- First 12 Offers in 1 Month: Meet Dax Courtney, Fast Rising Football Recruit
- Friday Evening Forecast Update