SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- Fearless Friday Plays of the Week: Week 9
- Isaiah Nichols Feels Defensive Line Doing its Job, Helping Make Defense Better
- Perico Gets 2nd Career Win; Razorbacks Finish T6
- 5 years later family asks for answers in Pine Bluff cold case
- Preview: Harding Academy takes on Newport for 3-3A conference title