MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Mississippi man caught five catfish near McKellar Lake.
Over the Labor Day weekend, Stephen Thomas went fishing to enjoy the last days of summer. He said he was fishing in his favorite spot near the lake but did not go into details about exactly where that is. Then, within an hour and a half, he caught several giant catfish.
“Well, I threw out there, and when it hit, I knew it was a big one,” Thomas said. “I didn’t know how big he was until I actually got him in and saw the size of him. He wouldn’t fit in a net. I had to put a hook in him to get him in.”
Thomas said this was his personal best. His biggest catch was more than 74 pounds.
- World’s Championship Duck Calling Contest & Wings Over the Prairie Festival postponed to Thanksgiving weekend
- Tropical Storm Wilfred Named in Atlantic
- Springdale police search for runaway 14-year-old
- Rape suspect crashes head-on with deputy during multi-county pursuit, deputy hurt
- Woman told officer ‘ I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase