Comparing Calphalon to Rachael Ray nonstick pans
While technique and following directions are often the keys to cooking, the materials you cook with play a significant role as well. Nonstick pans offer an easier and faster way to cook and clean up than cookware without that feature. However, when using any nonstick pan, it is imperative to follow the recommended temperature provided by the manufacturer to avoid harmful toxins.
Things to know about Calphalon nonstick pans
Producing cookware since 1963, Calphalon is one of the most reputable brands on the market. Calphalon offers a variety of sets and individual pieces that range from about $30 to $300. These pots, pans and utensils are great for everyday use and many varieties of foods. Although the pieces generally have a regular cookware look, they are the heavy-duty type of tools needed for anyone looking to get to work in the kitchen.
Calphalon nonstick pans pros
- Long-lasting: Calphalon designs cookware built to last with heavy-duty, durable materials. Although nonstick pans don’t last as long as other types of pams, if properly taken care of, they will also last a long time.
- Variety: Calphalon offers a wide variety of sizes and number of pieces included in the sets.
- Lifetime warranty: Calphalon sets often include a lifetime warranty, depending upon conditions that may apply.
- High temperature: Some Calphalon nonstick pans can withstand intense heat of about 500 degrees. However, pieces vary, so be sure to check the label.
- Reputation: Calphalon has a legitimate reputation regarding its products, which creates trust with its users.
Calphalon nonstick pans cons
- Cost: While there are many affordable sets and individual pieces, Calphalon cookware often comes with a high price.
- Plain look: Though the aesthetic isn’t necessarily bad, it is typically simple and plain in design and color.
- Heavy: Because they are constructed with durable materials, some of the pans are heavier than others.
Best Calphalon nonstick pans
Made with a two-layer nonstick interior, this set comes with two frying pans, a 1-quart saucepan, 2-quart and 3-quart saucepans, a 6-quart stockpot and covers for each of them. The handles remain safe to grip, thanks to their silicone covering.
Available at Amazon
This set is made with long-lasting nonstick material that is scratch-resistant and easy to clean. All pieces are dishwasher safe as well as oven-safe up to 450 degrees. The assortment of pots and pans comes with an attractive price point.
Available at Amazon
Things to know about Rachael Ray nonstick pans
Rachael Ray products are much newer than Calphalon, yet are quite popular, due to the fan base created by the well-known chef herself, Rachael Ray. Many of the cookware pieces include features that help give beginner cooks a better learning experience. Rachael Ray is also a great option for novices because of the affordable prices, fun colors and designs. Cookware pieces and sets generally range between $30 and $200. Before purchasing, check to see if the products are suitable for the type of stovetop you use, as many cookware pieces are not fit for induction stovetops.
Rachael Ray nonstick pans pros
- Affordability: Rachael Ray cookware and other products are usually inexpensive.
- Design: Known for bright colors and a fresh look, Rachael Ray designs inspire a splash of creativity in the kitchen. Many pieces not only come in a variety of solid colors, but also two-toned designs.
- Safe handles: These pieces often come with rubber or silicone handles attached, which provides added safety to cooking.
- Beginner-friendly: Rachael Ray cookware is attractive while also being user-friendly for beginners just starting out in the kitchen. With ridged edges and special handles, the products often prevent spills and accidents.
Rachael Ray nonstick pans cons
- Many not dishwasher safe: While some Rachael Ray pieces are dishwasher safe, many are not.
- Not as durable: Even with the right care, most Rachael Ray pieces are not as long-lasting and durable as Calphalon. Exterior paint colors may chip or become dull over time.
- Heat time: The large pans tend to take a longer time to heat up.
- Collections: Certain sets have similar looks, names and piece counts, which can be confusing when differentiating between all of them.
Best Rachael Ray nonstick pans
This set includes an assortment of nonstick pots and pans as well as utensils. Pieces are oven-safe up to 400 degrees and have silicone handles for safety. The lids are constructed of shatter-resistant glass.
Designed with useful depth, these pieces allow for cooking a wide range of food. They are each compatible with induction stovetops. They come in four different colors for the handles, which gives a creative touch to the look of the pans.
Should you get Calphalon or Rachael Ray nonstick pans?
We suggest Calphalon for anyone who cooks often and is looking for cookware that will be reliable for long-term use. Calphalon is also recommended for those in need of durable, heavy duty cookware. Rachael Ray is an excellent choice for those looking to do less frequent cooking, but still want attractive cookware to complement their kitchen when they do choose to prepare meals.
Regardless of brand, both require cleaning protocols after use that may be specific to the recommendations of the manufacturer. Before cleaning, be sure to allow cookware to cool down so that warping does not occur.
Sign up here to receive the BestReviews weekly newsletter for useful advice on new products and noteworthy deals.
Mary Hicks writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2021 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.