OXFORD, Miss.- Arkansas State was scheduled to play Jackson State, The University of Central Arkansas, and Ole Miss in the multi-team event known as the Justin Reed Ole Miss Classic, but that event has now been canceled due to positive COVID-19 tests and contact tracing within the Ole Miss men’s basketball program. The event was scheduled for November 25 through 27.
A-State will now attempt to reschedule games with Jackson State and UCA.
“This is obviously disappointing, but the safety of our student-athletes is paramount,” said A-State head coach Mike Balado. “We are hopeful we can get games rescheduled with Jackson State and Central Arkansas, but we will keep the safety of our student-athletes at the forefront of any decision.”
- 16-year-old pilot delivers 5,000 pieces of PPE to West Virginia hospital
- Mass vaccination sites ready across the US as states wait for supply of more vaccines
- Here’s why the lights were out at the Washington Monument on Sunday night
- Video calls create rise in cosmetic procedures, so called ‘Zoom dysmorphia’
- ‘THIS IS ME’: Rioters flaunt involvement in Capitol siege on social media