LITTLE ROCK, Ark.- Governor Asa Hutchinson announced Wednesday afternoon that he has issued an emergency declaration in anticipation of flooding and damages likely to occur during Hurricane Laura.
Governor Hutchinson said with the emergency declaration, he is allocating $250,000 from emergency floods to help with the preparation.
The governor said his is expecting sustained high winds, flooding as well as downed trees and powerlines.
Hutchinson said in preparation, search and rescue teams are on standby and the Emergency Operations Center has been activated. This means the Emergency Operations Center is acting on two current emergencies.
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Arkansas sorority members celebrate historic inauguration ceremony
- Nearly 300 animals rescued from Helena-West Helena Shelter
- Fiscal health of higher education in Arkansas discussed at legislative session